Welcome to Lynn Animal Hospital
Your Veterinarian in Riverdale, MD
Call us at 301-779-1184
Have you downloaded our new app? Easy scheduling, your pets' medical history, easy click refills, and our online Pharmacy! Click on the PetDesk image to the left and get connected today! Or give us a call and we can send you the link directly to your phone.
Updated: March 31, 2020
To Our Pet Families,
We know that you have been recently inundated with COVID-19 information, recommendations and directions and have probably made considerable changes to your daily routines. The doctors and staff at Lynn Animal Hospital are intimately involved to providing for your safety while still being available to give the necessary care for your furry, scaled and feathered family members.
To reduce risks to staff and clients, the doctors' schedules have been shifted. Dr Carman will be in the office on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Dr Stancliff will be in the office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Please call if you have any concerns and will do our best to accommodate your needs. Please be aware that there are times that you may be referred directly to an emergency hospital for care if we have exceeded our available resources.
Here are the current changes to our hospital traffic flow in an effort to decrease the exposure for our clients and our staff.
- All appointments will be seen by curbside pickup only. When you arrive at the hospital, please call us from your vehicle at 301-779-1184. We will ask you to remove pet carriers from your vehicle and place them on the ground several feet from your vehicle for our staff to retrieve. Doctors will communicate with you by phone, complete any agreed upon treatment and have your pet delivered back to you. We ask that you please do not leave the parking area will your pet is being examined.
- The doors of the hospital will remain locked during business hours to reduce the risk of unintended exposures. We are happy to communicate by phone, email and PetDesk app.
- Please call ahead for refills of medications and ask for enough to get you through the next few weeks/ months of the crisis. When you receive a call back confirming that your prescription is ready please be ready to pay for your prescription over the phone.
- If at all possible, please refill maintenance medications and prescription foods on VetSource, our online pharmacy, and have it shipped directly to your home. VetSource can be accessed from our website or your PetDesk app. If you need help placing the order, our staff would be happy to set up the e-script for you and send you a link for payment, or you can pay over the phone with a staff member. VetSource has increased their staff and shipping departments to accommodate the anticipated increase in order volume, but please allow for additional time for delivery in this adjustment period.
- We will be taking only credit card and CareCredit payments over the phone. All receipts will be emailed to the address we have on file unless you wish it to go to another email address. This is to reduce the number of items that must exchange hands.
- Reschedule or delay wellness visits until after the crisis has passed. We can update annual vaccines at a later date when it is safer for you and your family.
As the COVID-19 crisis continues we will make periodic information and service updates as needed.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Doctors and Staff at Lynn Animal Hospital
Pet Emergency? Call us right away at 301-779-1184!
If you live in Riverdale or the surrounding area and need a trusted veterinarian to care for your pets – look no further. Dr. Thomas Carman and his associates are licensed MD veterinarians, treating all types of pets. Your pets’ health and well being are very important to us, and we take every possible measure to give your animals the care they deserve.
Lynn Animal Hospital is a full service animal hospital and welcomes both emergency treatment cases as well as pet patients in need of routine medical, surgical, and dental care. Dr. Thomas Carman has years of experience treating serious conditions and offering regular pet wellness care. Beyond first rate pet care, we make our clinic comfortable, pet parent-friendly, and calm, so your pet can relax in the waiting room and look forward to meeting our Riverdale veterinarians.
We are happy to offer a number of resources that enable you to learn about how to take better care of your pets. Please feel free to browse our site, particularly the informational articles. The best veterinary care for animals is ongoing nutrition and problem prevention, so becoming knowledgeable about preventative pet care is essential to the ongoing success of your animal’s health. If you have any questions, call 301-779-1184 or email us and we'll promptly get back to you. Our Riverdale veterinary office is very easy to get to -- and you can find directions on our Contact Us page!
At Lynn Animal Hospital, we treat your pets like the valued family members they are.
Dr. Thomas Carman
Riverdale Veterinarian | Lynn Animal Hospital | 301-779-1184
6215 Baltimore Avenue
Riverdale, MD 20737